Website strategy and purpose
Website strategy, everyone knows the purpose of their website, or do they? Is it immediately clear what you are selling or communicating? Having a website just because people expect it, is a very limited strategy, common reasons are:
- Selling products or services
- Promoting the Company or an organisations image
- Training or instruction
- Product demonstration
- Customer service support
Profile and understand your potential customers
- What are their specific habits, wants, preferences and needs?
- Are they generally?
- Of a specific age group
- A particular gender
- Private or Commercial buyers
- From a social/economic group
- Location specific - World wide, UK etc.
- How big is the market and what is the potential business?
Strategy - Make the effort to define and document:
- Your customer profile
- The purpose and objectives of website
- The type of website design you want and what to expect from it
- How you will resource:
- The website design
- Content writing
- Site maintenance
- Responding properly to customer enquiries
- The costs involved and the budget required
This strategy forms the first building block for a good simple website design. More than that, it gives then means to evaluate content and measure performance.
For a friendly professional service call Philip on 01565 653330
or use our Simple Enquiry Form
Defining website purpose & strategy
How to contact us
Strategy & purpose